Terms & Conditions
I want all parents and carers to get the chance to use and enjoy the library carriers safely, so for all loans I ask that you read and agree to the library Terms and Conditions. When you borrow a carrier I will give you a printed copy to take away with you. If you have any questions or need any further explanation about the following terms and conditions, please contact me.
Nature and Nurture Sling Library Terms and Conditions:
1. Loan Form
1. A Loan From must be completed for each carrier you borrow with your full name, address and contact details, loan charges, deposit values, return method and due date. A printed copy of these Terms and Conditions, and details of your loan will also be provided for you to keep.
2. Your personal details will be kept in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and will only be used to contact you in relation to your library loan.
2. Loan Cost and Duration
1. Only one carrier may be borrowed at a time. Once a carrier is returned another carrier may be borrowed.
2. The standard loan period is one month. At my discretion, and with prior arrangement, you may borrow a carrier for a shorter or longer period (e.g. for a special event or holiday).
3. Each carrier loan costs £10 for up to to one month.
1. A fully refundable deposit is required for each loan. The deposit amount is dependent on the value of the carrier being borrowed and will be returned in full following the timely return of the carrier, undamaged and with all instructions and any additional accessories.
2. The replacement of any lost carriers, accessories or instructions will be paid for out of your deposit. Charges for items damaged beyond normal wear and tear will be judged on a case by case basis.
3. At my discretion, deposits (and in special cases hire fees) may be reduced or waived.
4. Payment Methods
1. Loan costs are payable by cash or by gifted Paypal payment.
2. Deposits may be given as cheques, cash or as a gifted Paypal payment.
3. Deposit cheques require sight of a debit/cheque guarantee card signature.
4. All deposit cheques are kept un-cashed, until one month after the carrier is returned, in a safe folder and in a secure environment.
5. Late Returns
1. For any days overdue I will charge £1 per day.
2. Under adverse or unforeseen circumstances, I may reduce or waive fines for late returns as long as thelate period is less than 7 days and has been fully agreed by me before the end of the loan period (this also allows for things like postage delays).
3. If I do not hear from you within 30 days from the start of your loan, I will consider the carrier lost andkeep your full deposit.
4. If you are unable to return your carrier by the agreed date due to Library staff illness or holidays, I will extend your loan period for free and agree a new returns due date with you.
6. Returning and Posting Carriers
1. Returns can be made during Library opening hours or, in certain circumstances, by prior arrangement at a mutually convenient time and location. If this is not possible the carrier may be returned by post.
2. Carriers should be returned to: Nature and Nurture Sling Library, c/o Rosie Dhoopun, 19 Gosbeck Road, Helmingham IP14 6EW
3. Should you need to return a carrier by post you must do so at your own cost and risk. I advise that you use Recorded or Special Delivery depending on the value of the carrier, and retain proof of postage. Please ensure you allow sufficient time for the carrier to arrive by its return due date.
4. Please ensure that all items, including accessories and instructions are returned, charges for replacements will be made if necessary.
5. Please ensure that the carrier, instructions and any accessories are packaged appropriately – I would prefer that you ‘double-bag’ the carrier and write both our address and your return address on both layers.
6. At my discretion, I may agree to post a carrier to you. The cost for secure postage to you will then be added to the cost of borrowing.
7. Condition of the Carrier
1. All carriers are checked before lending to ensure that they are in good condition and working order. The borrower should check the condition of the carrier prior to the start of the loan and must confirm on the loan form that it is in working order.
2. When a carrier is received by post, any breaks or flaws that prevent use should immediately be reported to the Library on receipt of the carrier. In such cases the hire fee will be refunded in full on return of the carrier, however, postal fees cannot be refunded.
3. It is the borrower’s responsibility to check over the carrier before every use. Check all buckles, hems and seams, ensuring that there are no tears, breaks, cracks or holes. If any damage is discovered, please stop using the carrier immediately and contact me.
8. Safe Use of Carriers
1. All carriers are provided with manufacturers instructions for safe use. If, for any reason they are not supplied, it is the borrowers’ responsibility to ask for a copy of the manufacturer’s instructions. On occasion, I may only be able to provide you with an online link to manufacturers instructions; in this case, I will also give you printed instructions for a similar carrier.
2. The borrower must read all safety, use and care instructions provided prior to using the carrier. Carriers must only be used in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.
3. All carriers are extremely safe when used properly; however, misuse can cause injury to yourself or child. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are using the carrier correctly and that your baby is
safe at all times. Nature and Nurture Sling Library cannot be held responsible for any accident that results in injury or death whilst the carrier is in your care.
4. I advise that after familiarising yourself with the instructions provided, you then practice using the carrier with a doll/teddy or cushion/pillow so that you get used to the tying/fastening/adjusting methods.
5. Always ensure that you seat your child correctly in the carrier and check any knots regularly as children do not stay still and straps and wrap passes can move or become loosened.
6. If you feel any pain while carrying your child, change the carrying position or remove the carrier.
7. If you are unsure about anything you read in the instructions, are not sure what you are doing or are at all concerned, please ask me. I can point you in the direction of lots of helpful sites to give you tips to make sure you are getting the best out of the carrier and using it safely.
9. Care of Carriers
1. Under no circumstances is it permitted to smoke whilst wearing or holding the carrier. Please inform me if you are a smoker, or if there is a smoker in your home as I will need to carefully launder the carrier after it is returned. Smoking is known to increase the risk of cot death for babies, and these risks have also been linked to babies being in close contact with clothing or objects contaminated with smoke particles.
2. Do not wash the carrier. I clean all carriers regularly. If you feel it is necessary that the carrier is cleaned while on loan to you, please contact me first for advice as some carriers have very specific washing instructions that must be followed.
3. I cannot guarantee that there are no marks or hairs on the carriers I lend. Carriers are spot-cleaned and only laundered if necessary as freshly washed carriers will not be as soft or flexible and in some cases, more difficult to use.
4. I cannot guarantee that there are no animal hairs on the carriers, but I ask that all carriers are kept
away from pets to minimise this possibility. If you are very allergic to animal hairs, please request that the carrier be laundered before you borrow it to help reduce any potential reaction.
5. Food and posset marks are expected when carrying children, but please keep the sling away from anything that may stain more permanently (oil, paint, pens, etc.), or anything that might damage it (scissors, Velcro, keys in your bag, fire, etc.). The cost of damage beyond normal wear and tear may be removed from your deposit.
10. All slings, carriers, instructions and accessories remain the property of Nature and Nurture Sling Library at all times. All loans are subject to availability and at my discretion.